Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The New Semester Begins.

It was with great excitement that I collected the first CD from Swinburne for this semester.  There should be two - but I was happy just to have the one at this point.  It was the CD for Writing History.  The CD has the whole semester's lectures on it - I can listen to the lecturer, print out the lecture, and if I want download the lecture to put on my MP3 player and hear it as often as I like.

It was with great anticipation that I opened my Swinburne website and saw who was in my tutorial group, and who the tutor was for my group.  

I am in a much better situation this semester than I was at the first semester - so many things I have learned on how to do it all on-line.  Last semester not only did I have to master three subjects, but also master the website and all the information and instructions that came with doing the course.  Information overload I think, but now I am happier as I can start with a little more confidence.

I am doing two subjects - Writing History and Journalism.   My tutor for Writing History is very interesting and I am impressed not only with his introduction and story about himself, but he gave details of his own website.  I can see a photo of him - so I can identify with him a little more when I communicate with him.

The tutor for Journalism was my tutor for two of my subjects last semester. 
(I'll decide if I like him if I pass my final assessments!  :)  )

I was also thrilled to learn that some of the students from last semester are in my tutorial groups - for both subjects, so I have already requested a couple to be my 'critical friend' in the subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment