Friday, November 26, 2010

Work, work, work.....

Actually I've not got much to do at the moment - but I received some of my information about the next two subjects at Swinburne, and on Monday I should be able to access the material on the website and get started.

I did go to the cricket at the Gabba yesterday - you can read about it here.   

Today my tasks include preparing for the next semester.  I've read through the suggested reading and will go to the Brisane City Council Library, to collect some of the books there, and I'll go onto Amazon.com to get a couple of others.  I will in the next week visit some of the University Libraries to see if other books are available there.  

Because I am an external student, I do not get a student card unless I go to Melbourne to get it.  Strange isn't it???  Next semester (starting in February) I will be enrolled via Open University and I will get my student card then.  It will enable me to borrow more from the university libraries without paying.

I admit that iin the last semester I did take on too much, though in retrospect, it didn't really become a big issue until the end of the semester when I had three major assignments to do.  This coming semester I will only do two subjects and I am excited about both of them.

The first one is Journalism which I am really looking forward to.  Not that I intend being a journalist - it is too late for me.  Perhaps something I could have explored many years ago.  I think about my school days and there was no information on careers - nothing like the career expo's and other information which is available to students in these times. 

The second one which really excites me - Writing History - People, Places and Times.  I can't wait to get going on this one, as it really is what I like writing about.  I am very excited about doing the subject and it is books for this subject that I have located at the Brisbane City Square Library.  

I have spent time reading some of Colin Thiele's work.  He died on the same day as Steve Irwin - and you can imagine that his death was not the BIG news story of that day.  He was such an amazing author, so prolific and so wonderful a writer for children.  He wrote over 100 books.

The student website was not working earlier - but today is the day when we get feedback from our tutors.  Some will do it today, but others will not do it until early next week.  I'm not worried.  I just need to know I passed.  Anything above a pass will be thrilling.  


Meanwhile I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment